Monday, July 27, 2009

Real Madrid Boss Pellegrini Non-Committal On Alonso Rumours


Manuel Pellegrini has given his latest thoughts on Xabi Alonso, as well as Real Madrid's failure to sell their excess players.

The Alonso saga is still no closer to completion and the latest twist was Rafa Benitez's claims that he had asked Alonso to stay at Anfield. Responding to those rumors, Pellegrini told Marca, "I do not have an opinion about what he said."

"He has his reasons and opinions, he knows his player and his club.

"I will not speak about other club's players, and definitely not about other manager's statements."

Pellegrini then touched on the indication he had given earlier that July 27 was the deadline by which he wanted his final squad assembled.

"A week ago, I said that the 27th was the ideal day for the squad to be finalized.

"But I also said that nothing should be rushed. What is important is to make correct decisions.

"If that takes time, it must be taken.

Finally, Pellegrini talked about the players that the club had yet to sell, stating, "I am not too concerned that there are still a lot of players left, but it is not ideal."

"I had hoped our squad could be finalized by now, but there is still a great environment at training.

"My job is to coach everyone."

No comments: