Thursday, June 25, 2009

United Legend Envious Of Liverpool’s New Signing

Manchester United legend Paul Parker, a man replaced by Gary Neville at Old Trafford, believes Liverpool have signed one of the best right-backs in world football Glen Johnson.

The former West Ham and Portsmouth defender is rated by Parker as potentially the best in his position in the world.

Parker told The News: “Glen Johnson is not only the best right back for England – he's also the best in the league.”

“In fact, I'd go so far as to say he could be the best in the world. I really think that. Some people rave about Ashley Cole being one of the best in the world but Johnson on the other side has all the attributes to be even better than him.”

“People also go on about European and South American full backs, but Glen beats them all for me.”

“As a former right-back, I watch him and I can tell you he is one of the very, very best there is and the lad can only keep on improving.”

“I'm trying to think of a Premier League right-back who comes close.”

“Sir Alex Ferguson raves about Rafael De Silva but he is nothing more than a prospect at the moment. Then there's Joe Bosingwa, who is an excellent player but not the same standard as Glen.”

“As for English rivals, I thought Micah Richards was going to go on but he's really gone off the boil.”

“Then there's Wes Brown, but he is not going to give you enough going forwards and is always a better centre half.”

“For me, Glen is comfortably ahead of all of them.”

No comments: