Sunday, June 07, 2009

Liverpool Are On The Verge Of Something Special – Fernando Torres


Liverpool striker Fernando Torres has insisted that his side are on the brink of “something special” and claims that here is no club in the world he would rather play for.

The Spaniard, who has recently signed a new deal with the Reds, told the News of the World that he was expecting to win plenty of trophies at Anfield.

“I believe we are on the verge of something special here and I am delighted to commit my future to this club,” explained the striker.

“You would not get top players signing new contracts if they did not think there were good times ahead. I expect many trophies for Liverpool in the years to come.”

Rafael Benitez’s side ended the season empty-handed but finished second in the Premier League to Manchester United, and Torres admitted he expected his side to do even better next season.

“We came very close this season and next season, with the experience we now have, we know we can go one better,” he said.

“Manchester United are very strong but we will improve and will have more about us next year.”

Despite suffering an injury-plagued campaign, Torres still managed 14 league goals and he admitted that if he had played more games, the season could have ended quite differently.

"We were unlucky with injuries this season. I am not making excuses but things could have been different. The manager is building and I expect many trophies for Liverpool in the years to come,” he added.

"Winning Euro 2008 with Spain was amazing and it made me understand how good the feeling of winning is. It has made me even hungrier for FA Cups, Premier League titles, European Cups - I want them all. And I want to win them all with Liverpool.”

No comments: