Sunday, June 21, 2009

Dirk Kuyt Says His Success Is Down To A Faith Healer from Holland


Dirk Kuyt has revealed the secret behind his status as the all-action King of the Kop.

Anfield boss Rafa Benitez called Kuyt "Mr. Duracell" last season, because of the Dutchman's non-stop running.

Now Kuyt has revealed: "Before every home game I have a natural healer called Henk de Gier fly in from Holland. He does a session with me and makes sure I go on the pitch in top condition.

"And Henk is not the only one who helps me. For quite a few years I have been using a haptonomist [a touch therapist]. I like to invest in my fitness and well being.

"I played more than 60 matches last season.

"The reason I was able to do that is because I let these healers fly in.

"It started after I had a bad spell at Liverpool in 2008. I even lost my place in the Dutch national team.

"Ever since Henk has treated me, I have been running like a steam train.

"Henk has a special treatment for me. He calls it 'the shaker'. He gets rid of all my physical problems and he loosens my body.

"He takes away not only injuries, but also stress and headache. He has helped me enormously." Kuyt accepts that the pressure is mounting on Benitez's men to end the 20-year wait for a league title.

He said: "The whole club is absolutely desperate to win the championship.

"If we do win the league next season, the city of Liverpool will have a month-long party in the town. It is 18-all in the titles race between us and Manchester United. The fans need us to take the lead again.

"And I have this incredible feeling that we are on the eve of another massive season with great things to come.

"In my trophy cabinet I only have one medal - for winning the Dutch cup. That has to change here and now - with Liverpool. I have signed a new contract until 2012 and have no intention of playing for anybody else before that time.

"I have had other offers from clubs in Europe.

"But this is not the time to leave a team that I have helped to build - we must finish the job."

No comments: