Thursday, June 18, 2009

Benitez Target: I’m Being Denied My Dream Move


Croatian winger Danijel Pranjic has hit out at current club Heerenveen as they hold out for more cash from Bayern Munich thereby putting in jeopardy the 27-year-old’s dream move to the Allianz Arena.

The free-scoring Eredivisie star could now search for other alternatives with Liverpool already known to have been monitoring his progress this term.

Earlier this month Bayern announced that they had agreed personal terms with Pranjic, offering the player a three year contract. However, with half a million euros separating the asking price and the Bavarian’s offer it appears the player has grown increasingly frustrated at the greed displayed by his Dutch owners.

“This is a disaster. Heerenveen are playing games," he told Voetbal International.

"I can join Bayern Munich, an absolute dream club, but Heerenveen won't let me go because they want half a million euros more.

"I just don't understand it. For many years I have given this club my utmost, everything. I have been loyal towards Heerenveen and now this club won't grant me this dream transfer.

"I spoke with director Yme Kuiper, but he is standing firm when it comes to the transfer fee. Heerenveen want to get the maximum for me.

He added: "At the moment I have no more words. I don't understand what is happening and I am terribly disappointed."

No comments: