Sunday, May 17, 2009

On-Loan Portsmouth Midfielder Jermaine Pennant Uncertain Where Future Lies


Jermaine Pennant has admitted that he is not sure where he will be plying his trade come the start of the 2009-10 campaign.

The right-sided winger is currently on loan at south coast club Portsmouth from Premier League rivals Liverpool until the end of the season.

The 26-year-old's contract at Anfield is set to expire this summer so he will be able to join any prospective suitors on a free transfer during the close-season.

The former Arsenal star seems to have no future with the Reds, and though he was linked with Spanish giants Real Madrid and Italian outfit Milan during the January transfer window, he says nothing has been decided yet.

"Next season I'm out of contract so we'll have to see what happens," Pennant told Sky Sports.

"I've got a battle on my hands at the minute with Portsmouth fighting relegation.

"When that's over we take a break and then we'll take it from there."

Since arriving at Fratton Park in January, Pennant has made 13 appearances for Pompey and has not ruled out joining them on a permanent basis.

"It's always going to be an option. I've enjoyed my time there," Pennant remarked.

"I've had a very hard season, but next season we'll see what happens.

"I'm all ears and I'm ready to talk to people."

No comments: