Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Heerenveen's Danijel Pranjic Admits Interest In Joining Liverpool


Heerenveen winger Danijel Pranjic has revealed that he would be delighted to join a club of Liverpool's stature.

Recent speculation has claimed that the Reds have identified the 20-time capped Croatia international as an end of season transfer target.

While the 27-year-old has moved to deny having any knowledge of the Merseyside outfit's alleged interest, he admits a move to Anfield is very appealing.

"I still don’t know, that is a difficult question to answer," Pranjic told Omroep Friesland when asked who he thinks he will be plying his trade for next season.

"I have to wait until the transfer period and then I will see.

"That was yesterday in Croatia. In every newspaper they called me and I was live on television and they heard something about Liverpool but I cannot say anything about it.

"It was in the newspaper that is all I know. Yes of course [it would be a dream club]."

The versatile left-sided midfielder, who can also play as a wing-back, has been in terrific form for Heerenveen this season, scoring 16 goals in 29 Eredivisie appearances, as well as weighing in with seven assists.

Primera Division rivals Sevilla and Real Betis have also been linked with the former Dinamo Zagreb star.

No comments: