Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Voronin Aims For Liverpool Return


Ukraine forward Andriy Voronin is hoping to use Wednesday's World Cup qualifier against England to prove his worth to Liverpool.

The 29-year-old was loaned to Hertha Berlin this season where he has scored 11 goals in 20 starts for the table-topping Bundesliga side.

"I would love to come back to Liverpool," said Voronin, who had spent one year at Anfield.

"Not as number five or six or to sit on the bench or to watch the match."

The striker admitted that Hertha were one of the suitors interested in signing him on a full-time basis.

"There are certain offers, I'm going to discuss them with my agent and take it from there," he added.

Voronin added that he thought the recruitment of Robbie Keane by Liverpool and a leg injury hindered his prospects at the club.

"I don't think I was given a fair chance," he said.

"If it were not for the transfer of Robbie Keane I think I could have shown much more of what I was capable of. I also had three months of injury with a hamstring tear.

"With that sort of injury you need a long time to recover and have to start proving yourself again."

No comments: