Wednesday, April 01, 2009

No Regrets For Ngog


David Ngog has insisted he does not regret joining Liverpool, despite struggling for first-team football this season.

Ngog signed for the Reds from Paris Saint Germain last summer and has made 10 Premier League appearances, scoring one goal, since the switch.

And the Frenchman, who turns 20 on Wednesday, believes he is in the right environment to develop as a striker.

He told L'Equipe: "It has not been an easy choice (joining Liverpool from PSG), but I don't regret it.

"I am fine at Liverpool and everyone welcomed me. You have everything in that club to improve. It is very enriching.

"I am young and I still need to learn. I try to improve step by step. It is the aim of any player to reach the highest level. So I want to score to help the team."

Ngog also reserved praise for manager Rafa Benitez and in-form captain Steven Gerrard.

He added: "Benitez brings a lot, setting up a good rapport between the players. Gerrard is an example who pushes everyone to the top."

No comments: