Sunday, April 05, 2009

Torres On A Mission For Gerrard


Fernando Torres wants to reward Steven Gerrard's loyalty with a glut of trophies over the next four years.

The Spaniard is delighted his captain has signed a contract extension until 2013 for Rafa Benitez and is determined to help Gerrard become one of Liverpool's most decorated skippers.

And Torres said: "Stevie has been getting a lot of praise from some of the best players in the world.

"That is quite right because I think he is the best in the world. He is a great team player but he can also win a game on his own when maybe we are not playing so well.

"I would love to see him have lots more success. I cannot think of a player I would rather be playing with.

"We know it is not going to be easy against Chelsea but both Stevie and I are happy with our form."

No comments: