Saturday, April 25, 2009

Hobbs Makes Switch From Liverpool To Leicester Permanent

Newly-crowned League One champions Leicester City, who will be playing their football in the Championship next season, have completed the signing from Liverpool of defender Jack Hobbs on a four-year contract.

Hobbs, 20, has been on loan to Leicester all season but has now joined the Foxes on a permanent basis for an undisclosed fee.

"I have thoroughly enjoyed my season with the club and I am absolutely delighted to make the move permanent," Hobbs was quoted as saying by The Telegraph.

He had joined Liverpool as a 17-year-old after having played a mere three minutes of professional football for Lincoln City.

He said of newly-promoted Leicester, "This is a massive club and I believe we can go all the way to the Premier League. That's one of the reasons why I have committed to signing a four-year deal.

"I couldn't be happier here. Leicester have shown great faith in me and instilled me with great confidence. I really am over the moon."

No comments: