Monday, January 05, 2009

Fernando Torres: I Will Win Premier League Title For Liverpool Fans


Fernando Torres claims he is desperate to win the Premier League for Liverpool's fans. Torres is hoping his injury troubles are over after marking his comeback with a goal.

Torres had been sidelined for six weeks with a hamstring complaint, but came on as a substitute in Saturday's FA Cup tie at Preston North End.

He tapped in Steven Gerrard's pass in injury-time to seal a 2-0 win in the third round and is happy to be back on the pitch.

With Liverpool leading the Premier League, Torres is now eager to play a full role in the club's bid to win the title for the first time since 1990.

"The relationship I have with the fans is special," he said. "I know that. When I was injured, to hear them still singing their song about me was special.

"I could hear it on the TV when I was at home. That's fantastic.

They seem to love me and I want to win the title for this club.

"You want to be out there helping your team-mates and working hard, but the injury is in the past now.

"I have forgotten about it and I am only looking forward.

"I hope all my hamstring injuries are over and that I can keep playing and scoring for Liverpool.

"The team has shown they can win without Stevie and without me. That is very important. It shows that we play as a team."

No comments: