Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Lucas Thanks Benitez For Showing Faith In Him


Liverpool midfielder Lucas has thanked Rafael Benitez for the faith he has shown in him and has backed the Reds to win the Premier League this season.

The Brazil international was targeted by the Anfield boo-boys earlier this season following some sub-standard performances.

But Benitez has stuck by the versatile 21-year-old and his faith has been rewarded by a series of commanding displays, particularly in Sunday's 5-1 mauling of Newcastle.

The former Gremio star has been encouraged by his form and is confident Liverpool can sustain their assault on the Premier League title.

He said: "I'm pleased with my performances this season. I'm getting more minutes on the pitch and I'm making good use of it. But I have to thank the confidence my manager has in me for that.

"The team is in an optimistic mood at the moment as we have fulfilled all of our goals. We are not taking anything for granted though because we are up against some tough rivals.

"It is my dream to win the league title with Liverpool and I can see it happening. I don't see Chelsea or Manchester United having the same potential as us this year."

No comments: