Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Benitez: Clubs Are Interested In Me


Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is said to be close to signing a new deal, but he has hinted a host of rival clubs have approached him.

Benitez has made no secret of his desire to secure a new deal at Anfield, but it would appear as if he has other options available to him.

“At the moment we can say negotiations are in progress, we are in talks,” Benitez told ABC. “We will see what happens.

“When you are coaching a great team, and this is a great team, everybody is always interested in you.

“I am grateful for the fact that they are showing recognition in my work in some places.”

The former Valencia boss has revealed his recipe for success and said: “I love to manage in England. I’m very happy with what I’m doing.

“I feel like you have more capacity to make your own decisions, without your role and projects being bigger (than in Spain).

“The truth is that I feel great, with a massive motivation and a huge belief. Our team are playing well and we aim to stay at the top for as long as possible and never to give up on anything.”

He added: “The balance between our attack and our defence can be one of our keys for success.

“I understand that the English’s winning mentality is excellent and if you mix it with a Latin vision of football it should be success guaranteed.”

No comments: