Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Arbeloa Hits Back At Adebayor


Liverpool defender Alvaro Arbeloa has hit back at Emmanuel Adebayor after he accused the Spaniard of helping him get sent off.

Adebayor was dismissed for a second bookable offence during Arsenal's 1-1 draw with Liverpool following a clash with Arbeloa.

The Togo striker accused Arbeloa of acting like he "had put a knife in him" after going down under Adebayor's challenge.

Arbeloa has rejected Adebayor's claims that he is a diver and says the Gunners hit-man has no-one to blame but himself for getting sent off.

"Adebayor is a player who uses his arms and elbows when he is playing and ususally that means a foul," Arbeloa told the Daily Star.

"I had nothing to do with the sending-off. I don't feel like it was my fault, it was what Adebayor did.

"I am a professional and I would never play-act to get someone sent off.

"I do not want to get involved in any controversy with Arsenal, but I received a blow in the face and a foul and if the ref then shows a yellow card that is not my problem."

No comments: