Thursday, October 09, 2008

Teenage Defender Extends Trial At Liverpool

LIVERPOOL will continue to run the rule over Congolese defender Medi Abalimba after Southend United allowed him to remain on trial until the end of the week.

The 16-year-old will play in a training game tomorrow following his appearance in the 1-0 reserve defeat to Manchester City on Tuesday.

“Even if nothing comes of all this it has been a good experience,” Abalimba said.

“To now know the actual standard I am aiming for will be a big help if I want to play at the top level.

“I played on the right wing against Manchester City and I did okay even though it isn’t my preferred position.

“Most of the players playing were 23 or 24 so it was a lot more physical than I am used to. That was my first game at that level but the reserve team manager said he was proud of how I played.”

No comments: