Friday, October 31, 2008

Lucas Reflects On His Best Red Performance


Liverpool's young Brazilian midfielder Lucas Leiva believes his performance in last night's victory over visiting Portsmouth was his best in a Red shirt.

Liverpool needed a late Steven Gerrard penalty conversion to secure victory at Anfield over a stubborn Portsmouth side last night. But they achieved what they needed to, by adding a further three points to their league tally.

Lucas Leiva was gifted a rare start in Liverpool's midfield and the Brazilian put in a fine display in the centre of the park by breaking up play and contributing to the attack.

The 21-year old feels his Pompey showing was his finest in a 'Pool shirt, and the former Gremio ace told the liverpoolfc.tv:

"I feel I have adapted to English football and I can play much quicker in games now.

"I was getting into the box and also had a few chances to score against Portsmouth, so I am happy and I am trying to improve every day," he said.

"I think it was my best performance for the team."

No comments: