Friday, August 01, 2008

Reds Keeper Rejects Move


Liverpool goalkeeper Charles Itandje has revealed he has turned down a move to Galatasaray and is holding out for a switch to Paris Saint Germain.

The Frenchman has been made available for transfer after just one season at Anfield.

The 25-year-old has failed to impress on Merseyside and Reds boss Rafa Benitez is willing to offload him having brought in Brazilian Diego Cavalieri earlier this summer.

Galatasaray agreed a fee with Liverpool for Itandje, but the former Lens custodian has rejected their overtures.

Itandje also claims three Premier League clubs are keen on signing him, but he is hoping to win a move to PSG.

"I refused to join Galatasaray, even if I was very close to leave, because the Champions League challenge was appealing," Itandje told France Football.

"We reached a very advanced stage during the talks, I even terminated my phone lines.

"But I have other interest in England. Three Premier League clubs are attracted.

"I explained to my coach I wanted to leave to get more first team opportunities. So the club has prepared my departure. We will see what will happen in August.

"I am the solution to PSG's trouble! Of course there is already a keeper there, but Paris is a club that attracts me a lot, as I was born in the Ile-de-France.

"Even when I played in north of France, I came to Parc des Princes to see matches. If something concrete will happen, we will see."

No comments: