Saturday, July 26, 2008

Jack Hobbs Joins Leicester On Loan From Liverpool

Liverpool defender Jack Hobbs has joined Coca-Cola League One side Leicester on a season-long loan.

The 19-year-old, who has made five senior appearances for the Reds, becomes the second young defender to go out on loan after Godwin Antwi moved to Tranmere.

Hobbs told Leicester’s official website, www.lcfc.co.uk: “I am really pleased to have signed and can’t wait to get started.

“Liverpool have some world-class centre-backs so I spoke to the boss (Rafael Benitez) and he said I was free to go out on loan and gain some experience.

“Leicester showed their interest and I had no hesitation in coming here. This is a massive club with a good manager and top-class Premier League facilities.

“I now want to start playing and get to know the lads. I can assure everyone that I will be giving 100%. I want to help this club get back to the Championship at the first time of asking.”

No comments: