Friday, June 27, 2008

Torres Is The World's Best - Carragher


Jamie Carragher has hailed Liverpool team-mate Fernando Torres as the best striker in the world following his exploits at Euro 2008.

Torres has helped Spain reach the final of the competition with some impressive showings in Austria and Switzerland.

The former Atletico Madrid ace has carried on where he left off at Liverpool last season after scoring an impressive 33 goals in his debut season at Anfield.

Carragher is a big fan of Torres and insists he would not swap the Spaniard for anyone in the world.

"He has a great partnership with Villa they look really sharp the two of them and Fernando has took his form from Liverpool into the national team," Carragher told Sky Sports News.

"He does not have to prove anything to anyone at Liverpool as he has done it in the Champions League and I am sure he has gone down well in Spain.

"I am Liverpool player and I am biased, I suppose, but for me he is the best.

"I am just delighted to be in the same team as him and it was a great bit of business by the club last summer, great for Rafa who brought him in and he has repaid everyone.

"Hopefully he will do it for the next four or five years for Liverpool, but at the moment I would not swap him for anyone."

No comments: