Friday, June 27, 2008

Forest Complete Anderson Capture


Championship newcomers Nottingham Forest have acquired the services of highly-rated Liverpool youngster Paul Anderson on a season-long loan.

Forest beat off stiff competition from Championship rivals Swansea, who Anderson spent last season on loan with and helped them pip Colin Calderwood's side to the League One title.

The 19-year-old midfielder, who played 36 times for the Swans and scored eight goals, said he jumped at the opportunity to return to his native east midlands when he was aware of Calderwood's interest.

He told the club's official website: "I enjoyed last season at Swansea but after speaking to Forest I just felt that it was the right move for me.

"I'm joining a big club in Forest and I am very excited about the challenge of trying to help them make an impact in the Championship."

No comments: