Thursday, June 19, 2008

Olic Unfazed By Liverpool Talk

Croatian striker Ivica Olic says he is unfazed by transfer speculation linking him with a move to Liverpool and admits he expects to be still playing for Hamburg at the start of the season.

Olic has impressed during the recent good run of form Croatia have enjoyed at Euro 2008 and has awoken the interest of a number of clubs after putting himself very much in the shop window with his displays.

Reports coming from Germany claim Rafa Benitez would like to see Olic working the wide areas at Anfield next season to supply the ammunition for leading scorer Fernando Torres.

However, Olic has confessed that he is likely to remain in the Bundesliga despite his fine displays in Austria and Switzerland.

"All this is not currently an issue for me" he told Mopo when asked about the transfer speculation.

"I want to, and must have, my mind on the European Championship - for Croatia!

"Once I'm back home, I will quickly get together with HSV. I think I'll play next year for Hamburg. And even longer. But so much is possible in football."

Hamburg are looking to restart contract negotiations with the 28 year old when he returns from the finals, but the birth of a new baby could play some part in the thinking regarding his future.

The Croat forward is however quoted by Spox as saying: "To play with a great club in England is a dream for me."

Liverpool are said to have scouted the left-sided forward during the tournament and been impressed with his work-rate and ability.

No comments: