Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Benayoun Bats Off Anfield Exit Talk


Yossi Benayoun says he wants to stay at Liverpool for the rest of his career despite interest from "three or four clubs" including Portsmouth.

Pompey boss Harry Redknapp has confirmed his interest in the Israeli and Manchester City are thought to be among the other clubs monitoring Benayoun's situation.

Benayoun struggled to hold down a regular place in the Liverpool side last season and is aware of interest from other clubs in his services.

But he has no plans to leave, telling the Jewish Chronicle: "There are three or four clubs in England willing to buy me after the season I have just had.

"But I want to stay at Liverpool until the end of my career.

"It really moves me when I go out on to the pitch at Anfield and the crowd start singing."

No comments: