Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Peter Crouch Demands Talks With Rafa Benitez


Crouch is demanding showdown talks with boss Rafa Benitez after admitting he can't take another season on the bench.

Liverpool's England striker is frustrated at making just nine Premier League starts and could quit Anfield this summer.

Crouch said: "What I must do is speak to the manager. When all is said and done, I don't think I can have another season like this year where I've started nine Premier League games.

"Out of a 38-game league season, nine games is not the amount you want to be playing.

"I'll have to speak to the manager and see what his plans are. I need to see him and sort things out."

Crouch plans to confront Benitez before heading off on international duty - and he won't sign a new contract if his first-team prospects do not improve.

The giant forward is entering the final year of his current deal and wants Benitez to tell him if he is really wanted at Anfield.

"I'll continue to work hard and I've got two England games in the summer to concentrate on, but before then I do have to speak to the manager," said Crouch.

"I have to find out what he wants from me for next season and whether or not I can continue with that. In some ways I want to feel wanted. I've got a few questions I want to ask him, and I'm sure he has with me, too.

"So I'd like to speak to the manager and the club before I commit to anything and know whether or not I'll be here next year."

No comments: