Wednesday, May 07, 2008

I Prefer To Go Forward - Lucas


Liverpool midfielder Lucas Leiva has hinted he would prefer to play a more offensive role at Anfield in the future.

The midfielder arrived from Brazilian side Gremio in the summer, and has played as a holding midfielder as part of Rafael Benitez's 4-2-3-1 formation. He also briefly displaced Xabi Alonso in the side earlier in the year.

While being impressed with his fellow midfielders and how much easier they make it for him to perform, he also hinted that his natural game lends itself to a slightly more attacking position than he currently occupies in the Reds' line-up.

"When you have players like Steve (Gerrard) and Mascherano beside you, you feel more comfortable," began Lucas.

"I like to go forward every time. The first game I didn't go forward as I was adapting.

"Now at the end of the season I have had some good games and hopefully next season will be better for everyone."

No comments: