Saturday, April 12, 2008

Liverpool Striker Fernando Torres Hails Kop Influence

Liverpool striker Fernando Torres believes it is the influence of the Kop which motivates him in his performance and influences him in netting all the brilliant goals which has scored so far.

The high profile front-man claims it feels great to be scoring in front of the home fans and said that his brilliant goal against Arsenal in the Champions League quarter finals was his most memorable to date.

"I don't know what makes this goal so special, but this time I scored there, in front of The Kop," said Torres.

"This stand, so high, is impressive. I think I have scored half of my goals there. I hope I will continue to score important goals there.

"It's impressive how much people respect you. They want to see you playing in each game so that makes you need to prove yourself on the pitch.

"For me it fills me with pride that in a quick period of time they created a song for me and they sing it to me during almost every game."

"It's important for a footballer that the fans consider you one of theirs."

No comments: