Saturday, April 12, 2008

Liverpool FC Rumourmill: Behrami, Modric And Cattermole To Liverpool?

Valon Behrami is being linked with a move to the Premier League.

The Swiss international midfielder has enjoyed an impressive season in Serie A but Lazio would be unable to turn down a big money deal.

Liverpool are one of the clubs he is being linked with, according to web reports.

* * *

Dinamo Zagreb midfielder Luka Modric has made a ‘come and get me’ plea to Liverpool.

Tottenham, Chelsea and Arsenal have been credited with serious interest in the Croatia international this week, but it is Liverpool he pines for.

Modric told Vecernji list: “I don’t wish to discuss possible transfers, but if Liverpool really want me, then this is fantastic and I am truly honoured.

“I watched the Champions League quarter-finals and the way they crushed Arsenal. Only the greatest and the best can play such a match against strong Arsenal.”

* * *

On loan Liverpool winger Paul Anderson has admitted that he would love to stay at the Liberty Stadium next season for a push on what looks set to be Championship football.

Anderson has been on a season long loan at Swansea and now wants to potentially see this extended although he will sit down with Liverpool to discuss his options at the season end.

Speaking in today's Evening Post the winger said "I honestly don't know at the moment what the future holds for me,

"I assume at the end of the season I'll go back to Liverpool, sit down with them, my agent and my dad and have a chat about what they think I've done this season.

"I haven't spoken with Liverpool that much while I've been here so I'll go back and see what they want from me.

"I think they have been at most of my games and hopefully they are pleased with what they've seen.

"I've had a bit of feedback from Gary Ablett, the reserve-team manager, who says I've done well and says there's no reason why I can't go back and push for a first-team place.

"But personally I can't see myself breaking into the Liverpool first team next season."

* * *

And finally, Lee Cattermole of Middlesborough is again being linked with a move to Anfield in the summer.

The fee currently being talked about is £3million.

No comments: