Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Reina Looks Forward To Next 50 Clean Sheets With Reds


Pepe Reina has set his sights on another 50 shut-outs in goal for Liverpool after breaking Ray Clemence's record.

The Spanish goalkeeper recently achieved 50 clean sheets in the shortest time in the club's history — and believes the record is a team effort.

"It's nice to reach these kind of numbers – I am very proud," said Reina. "But, as I've said many times, it's not just down to me.

"The whole of the team defends and the back four have been in good form in the three years I've been here.

"Now I look forward to another 50."

Reina kept the 51st clean sheet of his Liverpool career against Chelsea on Sunday.

He said: "We played really well and created some chances, and a draw is always a good result at Stamford Bridge. It's always difficult to beat them down there – I think it's been four years since anyone did that.

"It's a difficult stadium against a really top side, so we have to be really happy about the score and some of the things we did during the game.

"We have to keep playing like this, with a solid defence and creating chances in attack."

No comments: