Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Sissoko: Juve Transfer Close To Completion


Juventus are close to completing the signing of Liverpool midfielder Momo Sissoko, the player himself has admitted.

It has been no secret that the main objective of the Bianconeri’s January transfer campaign has been to find a new centre-midfielder.

This led to links with a host of top names, including Rafael Van der Vaart, Diego and Javier Mascherano.

However it now seems virtually certain that it will be Mascherano’s Liverpool team-mate Momo Sissoko who will be moving to the Stadio Olimpico in Turin.

“The negotiations with Juve are close to conclusion,” Sissoko told RMC.

“I am waiting for news in the coming days and while nothing has been signed yet, I can confirm that there are advanced negotiations between the Bianconeri and my agents.

“Certainly I would be excited to go to Turin. It is a prestigious club, it would be a new challenge and I could demonstrate my quality.”

The cost of the transfer is believed to be around €15m, which will leave Juve €5m remaining of their €20m January transfer budget.

No comments: