Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Aurelio Hit By Injury Blow


Liverpool fullback Fabio Aurelio has been hit with another injury setback just when he was coming into a purple patch of form for the Reds.

Aurelio has shown some of the best form of his short Liverpool career in recent games but, much like last season, injury has struck to break his rhythm.

The Brazilian was ruled out of the weekend's FA Cup draw with Luton and has admitted he will not be available for the next league match away to Middlesbrough.

"It's a pity I've had to stop again because I was feeling good," he told the club's website.

"It's normal after a long injury to pick up little problems when you come back but hopefully I will only miss the one league game and be back for the Aston Villa match next week.

"I've spent a lot of time out and it's very difficult to explain how frustrating it has been. My wife probably knows better than me because she has seen what I've been like.

"I've not been capable of training or doing my job. It's been a difficult time but you just have to keep working. It's a dream for me to play without problems."

Although Aurelio will be missing for the trip to Teeside, he has acknowledged that three points are vital if the Reds are to keep their title chances alive.

"I think we've been frustrated with the last couple of league games because we were better than Man City and we should have beaten Wigan," he added.

"If we want to fight for the title then we have to be winning games."

No comments: