Saturday, December 15, 2007

Sissoko: I Want To Leave


Liverpool midfielder Momo Sissoko has declared that he is sick and tired over his lack of playing time at the club and wants to leave.

The 23-year-old has barely featured this season, and is behind the likes of Steven Gerard, Javier Mascherano and Xabi Alonso in the centre-midfield pecking order.

The Malian international’s lack of action has led to rumours he will leave Liverpool in January, and the player himself admits this is more than a possibility.

“I am sick and tired and want to leave,” said Sissoko.

“I am really disappointed because the game against Marseille [on Tuesday night] I was counting on.

“I respect the choices of the coach but now I want to discuss my future before the January transfer market. I am not happy about playing one game per month.”

Sissoko has been heavily associated with a transfer to Juventus, with their boss Claudio Ranieri a huge admirer.

The Bianconeri placed a bid for the ex-Valencia man in the summer, however they were scared off by his price tag.

With Juve in desperate need of a new centre-midfielder, there is every chance they may table a fresh offer next month.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sissoko was good...but he has not been able to recapture his form this season...he looks lost whenever he is playing and while he determination is admirable, he is always clattering with our players or into opponents, resulting in unnecessary free kicks. Perhaps, it may be a better idea for him to leave, for his career and for us to have some cash.