Friday, November 09, 2007

More Rotation May Be In Store For Rafa’s Euro Heroes

Rafael Benitez refused to budge on his footballing philosophy, as he admitted he may tinker with the Liverpool side that thrashed Besiktas 8-0 in the Champions League on Tuesday.

The Reds arguably produced their best performance of the season that night with a score-line that registered the biggest win in UEFA Champions League history.

However, Benitez didn’t rule out rotating the side again if necessary, for the league game against Fulham at the weekend.

Speaking to Sky Sports News Benitez said: "Maybe I will say 'yes I want to keep my team' and then I will have problems in training, so it is better to wait and see what happens before Saturday."

Peter Crouch, Ryan Babel and Yossi Benayoun were among those to press their claims as they all found the target against Besiktas.

But Benitez was as impressed by Andriy Voronin as anyone else and admits the Ukrainian has given him a major selection dilemma in attack.

"I have been surprised because everybody has asked about Benayoun or Babel or Crouch, and I think one of the best players on the pitch was Voronin," said the Liverpool manager.

"He did not score but he was amazing, passing the ball and controlling the movements.

"So I prefer not to talk about just one, I think we should talk about all of them because they were all magnificent."

Fernando Torres missed the demolition of Besiktas but Benitez is confident the Spaniard will have recovered from his adductor muscle injury in time to face Fulham.

"Hopefully he'll be available. He was okay yesterday and if we don't have any problems he'll be fit," said Benitez.

"I think they can all play together, Torres and Crouch or Kuyt and Voronin, as you want."

No comments: