Friday, November 09, 2007

Benitez: No More Draws


Liverpool coach Rafa Benitez has warned his team about the series of draws being conceded, particularly in the League.

The 8-0 win over Besiktas has not papered over the (largely goalless) draws that Liverpool have been giving away, much like against Blackburn on Saturday.

They are still only six points off the top in the league, but continue to drop points with regularity.

"I think the key for us this year is to improve at home because away I think the team has confidence," said Benitez.

"But at home we have had some draws and it is clear we need to start winning."

Speaking about the game against Fulham on Saturday, he said: "I think in the Premier League you do not see easy games, so it will be a tough one.

"Normally it is more physical so we will try to use our quality.

"They are scoring some goals. When you are at the bottom of the table and you are scoring goals, it means you must be conceding goals, but also that you are dangerous in attack. For us especially on the counter attack we need to be aware.

"We now have more confidence and the strikers look like different players because they are scoring goals.

"I have my experience and it is better to not say anything until the end. So we need to wait, so maybe I will say yes I want to keep my team and then you have some problems in training sessions so it's better to wait and see what happens for Saturday."

He also returned to speak about the win over Besiktas, singling out a few players for special mention.

"Peter [Crouch] is very professional and he's a nice boy," said Benitez. "But I was surprised because everyone was asking about Benayoun, Babel and Crouch, but I think one of the best players was Voronin.

"He didn't score but he was amazing in assisting the other players, passing the ball and controlling the movements. So I prefer not to talk about one because we should talk about all of them, because all of them were magnificent."

No comments: