Friday, September 07, 2007

Rafa Has Made Me Stronger - Babel


Liverpool forward Ryan Babel has revealed how Rafa Benitez has worked with him to solve problems on and off the pitch.

New Liverpool signing Ryan Babel admitted that he has always been susceptible to pressure from the crowd, and struggled to handle fans turning against him.

That seems to be a thing of the past, though, thanks to Rafa Benitez.

"Rafa knows everything about me, down to the fine details," the Dutchman said. "Not just about my style of play, but my character too.

"He told me he had watched me play in an away game for Ajax, and it had struck him how easily I was influenced by the crowd.

"He saw how I was struggling when the fans turned against me.

"He could tell from my body language - I had unknowingly let my shoulders drop.

"But he told me that the abuse ought to make me stronger, saying the more the opposing fans swore at me, the more afraid of me they were."

No comments: