Friday, July 04, 2014

Liverpool Seal Move For Leverkusen's Can

Liverpool have completed the signing of Bayer Leverkusen midfielder Emre Can almost a month after announcing that a deal had been agreed in principle.

The Germany under-21 international's move has been finalised after the necessary paperwork was completed, and he revealed that the Merseyside club had been scouting him for some time.

Can has joined for a reported fee of £10 million and becomes Brendan Rodgers' third summer signing after the arrival of Rickie Lambert and midfielder Adam Lallana, both from Southampton.

"I heard that they [Liverpool] had an interest in signing me for a long time - approximately four years," Can told the official Liverpool website.

"We weren't in contact then, but I had it at the back of mind and then it got more and more intense. I was told about the manager's firm interest about four or five months ago.

"It was an easy decision for me to sign with Liverpool as I had a very good chat with the manager, which clearly showed that the club and he wanted to sign me. This was important for me. I can say it was an easy decision for me."

No comments: