Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Suarez Insists He Is ‘Delighted’ To Stay At Liverpool

Luis Suarez has claimed he is happy that he remains a Liverpool player following late speculation that Real Madrid would make a move for the striker.

The Uruguayan announced his intention to leave Anfield at the beginning of the transfer window amid speculation that he wanted to join Arsenal in search of Champions League football.

Liverpool made it obvious that they didn’t want to sell, rejecting high offers from Real Madrid and Arsenal and it became increasingly clear that Suarez would have to stay put.

But the controversial striker insists that he made his mind up a number of weeks ago and wanted to repay the Liverpool fans for the faith they showed in him.

He told the Daily Mail: “I closed this subject a while ago. I have already taken the decision to stay at Liverpool.

“If I play I am talked about, if don’t play it's the same… They’ve already put me in every team.

“In that moment I said if something happens then good, but if I was staying at Liverpool I'd be delighted. This is over a while now.”

No comments: