Friday, September 06, 2013

Gerrard Dreams Of Liverpool Management

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has revealed his aim to go into management once he hangs up his boots and dreams of taking over at Anfield one day.

The 33-year-old continues to play an integral role for the Reds on the pitch but is already planning for life after retirement by commencing work on his coaching badges within the next year.

"The dream come true would be to manage Liverpool, when the Liverpool job becomes available," he told TwentyFour 7 Football.

"There are world-class managers there ready already but we'll have to wait and see; it would be the icing on the cake.

"When you get to a certain age, my age, you need to start thinking seriously about a life after football.

"I am planning on doing my badges and qualifications over the next 12 months. I definitely see myself as a manager rather than a coach but that could change.

"I remember speaking to Jamie Carragher and he really fancied it but he's decided media is what he wants to do. It'll be strange seeing him on Sky but I'm really delighted he's doing it. He can leave managing Liverpool to me!"

The England skipper has two years remaining on his current contract and has previously spoken of his intention to finish his career at the club where he has spent his entire professional career.

No comments: