Sunday, August 18, 2013

Toure Planning Long-Term Stay

Kolo Toure is hoping to spend 'a few years' at Liverpool after linking up with the Reds as a free agent this summer.

Following his release by Manchester City, Brendan Rodgers moved quickly to secure the experienced defender's services on a two-year contract.

At 32 years of age, Toure hopes he will remain on Merseyside past the end of that initial agreement.

He feels he still has plenty to offer and is delighted to have been given the opportunity to continue a distinguished career - which has seen him claim Premier League titles at Arsenal and City while earning over 100 caps for the Ivory Coast - at one of English football's grandest clubs.

Toure told the Daily Mail: "I'm very lucky to be at Liverpool. It's great to have the chance again to show what I'm capable of.

"I'm hoping it can be my second Arsenal: red colour, great style of football, great mentality.

"I've spoken to Jamie Carragher for advice. It's impossible to replace him so I have to find my own way."

He added: "I'd like to be here for a few years.

"I've been working really hard on my mobility because I've lost it a bit in the last four years. But I have had a great pre-season."

No comments: