Saturday, August 31, 2013

Moyes Prepared For Anfield Reception

David Moyes expects a fiery reception from Liverpool fans when he takes Manchester United to Anfield for the first time on Sunday.

Having managed city rivals Everton and the Reds' arch-enemies, the Scot knows that he will not be a popular man inside the stadium but is relishing the occasion.

United won on their last visit and completed the double over Brendan Rodgers's side later in the season while Moyes has never won at Anfield, only tasting victory on three occasions against Liverpool, but he is confident of turning that record around.

"Everybody tells me about the big rivalry between Liverpool and United and it was certainly there when I was at Everton as well," he told the press. "I would think I'll get as good a reception as I did with Everton.

"It has always been a difficult place to go but I am looking forward to going back there."

No comments: