Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Krisztian Adorjan Hopes For Groningen Impact

Liverpool forward Krisztian Adorjan says he hopes that a loan spell with Dutch side Groningen can put him in good stead to push for a first-team place at Anfield in the future.

The 20-year old joined the Reds as a youth player in 2009, but has spent the majority of his time on Merseyside playing in the under-21s.

With the arrival of Iago Aspas and Luis Alberto this summer, chances were likely to have been limited again this season, and Adorjan says it is important that he gets a taste of first-team football.

"Erwin van de Looi told me after my first friendly game in Groningen that he'd like to sign me," the Hungarian told Nemzeti Sport.

"Liverpool sign complete footballers for their first team, it's not impossible but very difficult to get in next to Luis Suarez or Steven Gerrard.

"I outgrew the second team so I'm happy that I signed to Holland and I can show myself in the first team of a first division team. It's important that I can go on with my development here."

Adorjan also admitted that he was keen to follow in the footsteps of some of the players to have starred for Groningen down the years, including Liverpool team-mate Luis Suarez.

"I'm prepared for the city and the club. This was Luis Suarez' first club in Europe and Arjen Robben and Erwin Koeman also played here."

No comments: