Friday, July 05, 2013

Kolo Toure Officially Unveiled As Liverpool Player

Liverpool has wrapped up a deal for Kolo Toure at their training ground Melwood on Tuesday.

The 32-year-old Ivory Coast international represents the Reds' fourth summer acquisition having already signed Iago Aspas, Simon Mignolet and Luis Alberto.

The centre back signed a two-year contract at Melwood in the presence of the club's managing director Ian Ayre.

Speaking to the club's official website, Toure said: "This means a lot to me. Firstly, I'm joining one of the best clubs in England.

"When I left City it was important for me to stay in England because it's the best league - and to join Liverpool is massive for me.

"I chose Liverpool because of the history and because of the spirit of the team and the people here."

Toure has been allocated the No.4 shirt for next season.

No comments: