Thursday, May 09, 2013

Fabio Desires Long-Term LFC Bond

Liverpool forward Fabio Borini is determined to forge a long-term emotional bond with the club but the Italian continues to set short-term aims on his comeback from a dislocated shoulder.

The 22-year-old returned from his second injury of the season as a substitute against Newcastle at the end of April and bagged a first Barclays Premier League goal within a minute of entering the action.

Borini, who revealed that his dream is for Liverpool supporters to copy his unique celebration after he finds the net, explained his target to establish a lasting relationship at Anfield.

"If I've got emotion that comes from that club, obviously I take that emotion with me," he told Liverpoolfc.com.

"At Swansea I had three months I could never think of. In three months, I got into the hearts of the people and I could see Italian flags in the stadium - I never expected that.

"In Roma, after a long injury, I started scoring and the people were showing things in the stands as well.

"When you see those things, it gives you an emotion you can never forget. I hope I can do the same here because I'm trying very hard."

The Italy international arrived on Merseyside for a season in which Jamie Carragher has announced his retirement and Steven Gerrard has started every single Premier League fixture under Brendan Rodgers.

No comments: