Saturday, March 02, 2013

Rodgers Sure Suarez Future Lies At Anfield

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers is confident that Luis Suarez will remain at Anfield during the summer despite interest from Bayern Munich.

The Bundesliga side has been tipped to make a £40 million move for the Uruguayan as soon as Pep Guardiola assumes control in July, yet Rodgers has no fears that he will leave Merseyside.

He told the Sun, “I haven’t seen anything different that would make me feel he wouldn’t be here and I had a great conversation with his agent a couple of weeks ago.

“He came in and rolled it out that he was so happy here and keen for the club to progress over the next couple of years.

“I’ve made him sort of my architect within the group and he and I communicate a lot so I get a feeling. It is not like I don’t talk to him. Is he deserving of that Champions League level?

“Of course he is but I would be confident enough he will be here because he is enjoying his football. I was talking about the future and development and he was reciprocal in his conversation that he is loving it here.

“He has really enjoyed the season — the most productive since he has been here. He is enjoying the style and the way of working. His desire is to see Liverpool progress and that is why he signed last summer. I don’t feel or see anything different would change my mind. Hopefully we continue to keep a great player like that.”

And while Rodgers is determined to finish in a Europa League slot at the very worst, he does not feel it will make or break Suarez’ future – or his chances of tempting players to Anfield.

He added, “European football is not going to define whether a player wants to come to Liverpool or not. Of course it is better if you are in the competitions but I’m sure there are players who will come here because they know there are improvements to come.”

No comments: