Thursday, March 14, 2013

Ajeccio Goalkeeper Fuels Liverpool Transfer Talks

Ajaccio goalkeeper Guillermo Ochoa has handed Liverpool a boost after revealing his desire to test himself outside France.

The Mexican claimed last month Liverpool had sounded him out over a move away from the Ligue 1 side during the January transfer window.

Despite returning to form in recent weeks, speculation continues to surround the long-term future of Reds keeper Pepe Reina, who has been tipped to rejoin his former club Barcelona.

And Ochoa has been touted as a possible replacement for the Spaniard, with the 27-year-old suggesting he would not be averse to switching to England.

He told Mercato365: "I do not regret being here, I have adapted to the way of life in France.

"My future? I think about finishing the season in the best possible way, then I will compare options.

"However, I cannot deny that I would love to play in other leagues. I want to develop and join a major project."

No comments: