Saturday, January 19, 2013

Why Luis Celebration Has Added Meaning

Luis Suarez has explained why his trademark goal celebration of kissing his wrist is not only a tribute to his daughter - but to Anfield as well.

The striker kisses a tattoo of his two-year-old's name after every goal, but the gesture has taken on additional meaning since he learned that Delfina is an anagram of Anfield.

Suarez junior was born six months before he joined Liverpool and the anagram is a coincidence, but the 25-year-old likes to think there was an element of fate involved in his move to Merseyside.

He told Liverpoolfc.com: "I didn't know her name was an anagram of Anfield but my wife has told me that people here in Liverpool say that when I kiss my wrist, I'm doing it because I have 'Anfield' on there.

"It's a total coincidence but a very nice one at the same time. Maybe there was fate."

No comments: