Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Carragher Might Retire At The End Of The Season

Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher has admitted that there is a chance he will retire at the end of this season.

The 34-year-old has made over 700 appearances for the club and joined Liverpool professionally in 1996. This season is the last on his contract and although he remains ‘open minded’ he would not continue to play at the expense of the team.

"There is a chance that I will retire at the end of the season," Carragher told the Daily Express.

"It is the last season of my contract and the club has not said anything to me yet.

"I am open-minded, but I would not play on if I was killing the team when I played. I would not be hanging on for money or anything.

"And I would not go anywhere else. It is Liverpool or nothing for me."

“Things haven’t gone that well for the club in recent years and it seems to me that there are people who are happy about that.

“Naively, I thought everyone associated with Liverpool wanted them to win, but maybe it’s not like that.

“I’m not bitter about not playing. I want to play, but I want Liverpool to win first and foremost and I suppose the West Ham game showed that. I always will from the day I leave, whenever that may be.”

No comments: