Thursday, November 08, 2012

Wigan Shot Stopper Rejects Liverpool Rumours

Wigan Athletic goalkeeper Ali Al Habsi has dismissed reports linking him with a move to Liverpool, insisting that he is 100 percent committed to the Wigan cause.

The 30-year-old has often been Wigan’s savior since he made his move to the DW Stadium from Bolton Wanderers permanent in 2011, and has established himself as one of the most competent shot-stoppers in the league.

Rumours suggesting that Pepe Reina’s future as Liverpool’s number one may be in doubt emerged over the weekend, with Al Habsi touted a potential replacement for the Spaniard, but the Oman international has moved quickly to cool talk of a move to Anfield

"I have said it many times before but I love this football club, I love the fans and I hope to give them much more," Al Habsi told the Wigan Evening Post.

"I heard about what was said at the weekend, but that kind of thing is not of any importance to me.

"I am very, very happy at Wigan - as has been the case since I first came here.

"I am doing well, my form is coming on with every game I play, and my confidence is very high.

No comments: