Saturday, November 17, 2012

Suarez Planning Liverpool Stay

Luis Suarez has dismissed talk linking him with a move away from Liverpool saying he is happy with life at Anfield.

The 25-year-old has been linked with a big-money move to Manchester City with reports suggesting the Premier League champions were lining up a move for the Uruguayan in January.

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers played down the rumours earlier on Thursday insisting his star striker was not for sale.

Suarez, who signed a new deal at Anfield in the summer, insists he has no plans to quit the club and that he is enjoying working under Rodgers.

"I have a very long contract here and it's a dream come true to be playing at a club like Liverpool because, as I've said, as a boy I dreamt of playing for a team like this," Suarez told the club's official website

"Now I'm here, it's all about enjoying myself and trying to be here for as many years as I can, because I'm at a club where I'm very happy, my family is happy, I've got fantastic team-mates and a manager from whom I'm learning so much.

"As a player, it's vital to have the backing of your manager and so I think that the confidence Brendan is showing in myself and the team as a whole is very important and it's down to us to repay that trust out there on the pitch."

Suarez added: "Let's hope we can keep improving. I'm working well and I'm very happy at a club where I've always wanted to be. At a club to whom I'm very grateful for the trust everyone is showing in me - a club with amazing supporters and team-mates who are all great people.

"The other important thing is that the squad is very united. In spite of not getting the results we would have liked, we have a great spirit of togetherness and let's hope we can continue to pick up points."

Rodgers backed his striker and insisted: "There will be no bidding war, he's staying here. If we lose Luis then we have no strikers, so we can't afford to lose anyone.

"He is certainly not someone we want to sell or move on. He has been a brilliant player to work with and we want to add to our squad, not take people out of it, especially a world-class player.

"Luis has already showed in the summer his commitment to the club by signing a new deal, he is scoring goals and working well.

"I'll just continue to communicate with all the players and Luis in particular. Like I say, he's very happy here."

No comments: