Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Rodgers Pleased With Liverpool Quality In Swansea Draw

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers was impressed with the ‘marked difference’ in his side despite a 0-0 draw with Swansea.

Liverpool came close to securing three points with Raheem Sterling hitting the crossbar after Jose Enrique had a goal disallowed and Rodgers believes his side is constantly improving.

"I thought there was a marked difference," Rodgers told Sky Sports. "I was really pleased with the quality of our game on Saturday, I thought our build-up play was good and we got through the thirds well.

"I just thought we needed a fraction more belief in the final third. There were opportunities around the box where we could have got a shot off a bit quicker.

"That comes from certain types of player and personnel you have in. I thought the method in our game was good, and people who would have seen the game at the end of last season would have seen a difference, hopefully.

"We were unfortunate with the offside goal that was ruled out. I thought that was a goal having seen the replays of it.

"I'll never say coming here is two points dropped because it's a difficult place to come. Our performance level is continually improving. We're just chipping away at climbing up the league, and we'll do that."

No comments: