Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Jack: My Debt To Rodolfo

Jack Robinson has paid tribute to Rodolfo Borrell and the Academy staff for helping him get his big chance to impress in the first-team.

The left-back has made three starts for the first XI under Brendan Rodgers so far this season and is challenging the likes of Jose Enrique and Glen Johnson for the left-back slot.

The Warrington-born defender admits his game has improved working under Spanish coach Borrell.

Robinson told Liverpoolfc.com: "Rodolfo has been a big influence on my career. He expects high standards and that has really helped me develop my game.

"I have a lot of respect for all of the coaches at the Academy and they have got me to where I am at the moment.

"It's fantastic to be training with the lads I grew up from the U18 team now at Melwood with the first-team squad. The manager has given us our chance and he has shown a lot of faith in us."

Robinson has also shown us his eye for goal this season with two goals already for Borrell's U21 side against Crystal Palace and Chelsea.

"It was a good feeling to score a couple of goals as I hadn't scored for a while so I was delighted," he added.

"I had some good banter in the dressing room after scoring those goals and it would be nice to get some more.

"You can always improve on everything every single day as a player so I want to work hard and improve on all aspects of my game.

"It really would be a dream come true for me to get a regular place in the first-team and I will work as hard as I can to try and achieve that and keep impressing in every training session."

Robinson was also quick to pay tribute to Academy striker Jerome Sinclair who, with a substitute appearance at West Bromwich Albion in the Capital One Cup, took his mantle as being Liverpool's youngest ever player.

He added: "It is great to see more youngsters coming through and getting a chance and it was fantastic for Jerome to get his opportunity. He has got a lot of potential and hopefully he can do well in the coming seasons.

"It was a great honour for me to be the previous youngest ever player for Liverpool FC and maybe it didn't last for as long as I wanted but I don't mind as I am really happy for Jerome. It just shows what great work is going on at the Academy."

No comments: